How it works and your privacy
How to vote
- Click on one of the social buttons and connect.
- Enter your in-game username if required.
- Click You may vote every 12 hours with the same in-game username and/or IP address.
Easy voting processCast you vote with JUST ONE CLICK, you are no longer forced to solve annoying verification puzzles and captchas to prove that you are human.
For your convenience, you may stay logged in for 30 days. After 30 days you can re-log with just a simple click on same network as our application is already authorized. If you want to delete our login cookie, simply log out.
Your privacy is very important to usWe do not collect any personal information from your social profile Please connect to vote to help us stop bots, cheaters and make the voting process fair. To do this, we set a secure cookie based ONLY on confirmation from the social network that your profile is valid.
Vote for server
Your report has been sent to TopG Team.
SWG Awakening where your Stars Wars Galaxies experience will be awakened...
We know it's a pretty bold statement, however, we also know that Awakening is a cut above, in many ways. From the passion and experience of our developers, to the knowledge of Pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies, Awakening aims to provide the best SWG experience possible. Some server operators have never played Pre-CU back in the day and it shows in their content and the way in which they introduce things into the world. Awakening is much different in this regard. Awakening doesn't give things away. Awakening doesn't overcrowd areas with items just because THEY think it's cool (or to show off their knowledge of scripts). Awakening doesn't allow player housing INSIDE NPC cities (not because it's difficult, but because it's unfair to all the crafters that do not get that prime real-estate). Awakening doesn't insert code on a whim, without vetting it and Awakening keeps detailed backups "just in case".
What does Awakening do (different)
1. A very solid environment, conducive of a healthy economy that can be sustained for many years. Nothing is given away! Too often EMU servers start up and want to immediately give new players all kinds of bonuses to entice them to play on their server. Let's face it, that does nothing but ruin a long term economy. It does not and will not occur on Awakening!
2. A unique Jedi system. One that is mysterious and earned. Not given away or given to select individuals by CSR blessings. It isn't easy, and who said Jedi should be given away or made easy? NGE? Sorry, this isn't NGE. It's Pre-CU+! (The + stands for true and difficult)
3. Bounty Hunter: A little twist on BH. Very similar to Pre-CU, but improved. A little stronger vs Jedi due to some LS defense enhancements and improved tracking capability.
4. CH is working and fully implemented. LS bug is resolved.
5. All professions are enabled (not including JTL, which is in development). Experience is very similar to original SWG. Don't mess with a good thing! All professions are important and NONE are given away.
Our combat system is very similar to the original SWG, except Bounty Hunters have a slightly better chance vs Jedi. Bounty Hunters have (gasp) slight inherent lightsaber defenses, and with the right mix can stand toe to toe with average Jedi. We are confident that players will be thrilled with this minor adjustment.
Otherwise PvE and PvP combat should be very similar.
Pre-CU doctors and buffs were an important part of the game and made the game much more exciting. Those who never played Pre-CU wouldn't understand the balance of great doctor buffs and Pre-CU strategy. Buffs are dependent on resources and can really help in a battle. Doctors will remain just as important, as will their buffs. We look forward to the day when Doctors setup shop in Star Ports around the Galaxy!
Awakening has added Enhancement Terminals (droids) that SELL very low level buffs in starter areas. This helps new players and helps player progression even when other players (doctors) aren't around.
No change needed in general. The original SWG Pre-CU had this 100% right and we feel any server that messes with this by giving away professions does not grasp the impact.
With that said, we have added and will continue to add items for crafters to craft, such as NGE Houses and NGE speeders. Again, these items are primarily aesthetic, but add to the story.
Awakening has kept this relatively the same, except we've added additional housing that came from the NGE. We felt the added housing was a good addition and would have happened whether the NGE occurred or not. Easy addition and we were happy to add this.
Player cities are close to the same, but adjusted for server population. As the server grows city requirements may adjust. Any adjustments would of course be announced in advance.
What would Star Wars, let alone Star Wars Galaxies be without Jedi? Let's face it, Jedi are central to the Star Wars story and a very important feature of ANY Star Wars game. Yes, other professions are fun and other professions are extremely important, but we felt Jedi needed to be in the game and ready when we launched.
Our Jedi system is like no other. It is extremely random and each player has an inherent force sensitivity that is determined upon birth (creation). In time each character will discover their path and force sensitivity. The path to Jedi will consist of 3 important elements, genetics (luck), hard work (no clues will be given here), and knowledge of the galaxy.
Awakening is not an "easy-mode" server that hands everything to players that join. We don't want to attract players that want everything for free. We want a strong, knowledgeable player-base, that appreciate things when earned. We truly believe in an economy based on Risk vs Work vs Reward system. However, as you gain more skills and learn the ways of PvE you will slowly find yourself able to accomplish seemingly impossible tasks with smaller groups.
With all of this being said we are always open to player suggestions and welcome input from our player-base.
Online Players - Last 24 hours
|01 Dec 2019|
Happy Life Day everyone, thanks for being an amazing community! We wish you a wonderful time this festive season wherever you may spend it.
Life Day is active again, if you have done it in previous years the rewards given are still the same as you would have previously been awarded.
If you would like more information about the Life Day event please take your time to look over this archive post from live. The version we run here at Awakening holds mostly true to the information given inside.
The event will remain active the whole of December.
The SWG Awakening team is looking for additional developers to join the team and help create content for the masses. We want people from within the community that have experience.
2 years experience with an object oriented programming language - preferably C++
Minimum of 3 months as an active member of SWG Awakening
Understanding of LUA scripts
If you feel you meet the above requirements, don’t mind volunteering your time and would like to be involved in propelling SWG Awakening further forward, please continue...
Send Dirge a PM (on the forums) with the following information:
1) Your experience in relation to the listed requirements.
2) Have you ever followed any type of engineering process? If so, please explain.
3) Did you play SOE Pre-CU SWG? If so, what server? If not, please explain your Pre-CU experience level.
4) What excites you the most about being a developer with SWG Awakening?
*If you are selected as an Awakening Developer, your identity must be confidential to other players.